Saint Giles Fellowship
St Giles Fellowship exists to allow members of the church to meet in a social context. The fellowship meets on the third Monday of each month (Except in winter) at 7:30pm in the Barn. In the past many activities have taken place and we are always looking for interesting ideas and new members. The following list gives a flavour of the types of activities we get involved with:
- Visiting other churches, often with local guides
- Eating together at the January fellowship meal and summer barbeque
- Visiting historic buildings and monuments
- Advent activities
- Guest speakers
- Charity Fundraising
If you want to know more then give us a ring or see us in Church.
- March 19th: AGM, Discussion and Compline.
- May 12th: Coffee Morning (Barn) 10-12 noon (Could we all make something eg. cakes, or bring something to sell or donate a raffle prize?)
- May 21st: Meet at the Imperial Rooms for Helen Legood’s Inauguration as Town Mayor (Time TBC)
- June 18th: Visit to Ashover Parish Church and refreshments afterwards at a local pub.
- July 16th: Edwin and Carol’s talk on Costa Rica.
- August 20th: Bring and Share and BBQ at the Barn. Other Church members to be invited.
- September 17th: Objects of significance. Bring an object which reminds you of something in your life.
- October 15th: End of Year party. With special invites to be extended to all the 90 plus year olds at St Giles.