On Sunday 5th July, I will be celebrating the Eucharist at Saint Giles at 9.30 am. and the public are welcome to attend. This first service, which will be purposely low key, will simply be said with no music. I very much want this to be a happy and gentle occasion with as few rules as possible, while at the same time keeping everyone thoroughly safe.
The church has been well cleaned and there will be various measures in place. Hand sanitiser at the door, a one way system, alternate pews roped off. You will be asked to sign in. We will not use the north aisle, so that can be kept for services in the week. And the Lady Chapel will be kept for private prayer during the week. The whole church will be thoroughly cleaned on Saturdays and I will clean the north aisle and Lady Chapel after they have been used each day during the week. Holy Communion will be in one kind only and will be received standing at the step between eagle lectern and the pulpit.
The risk assessment will be posted online as soon as completed. Obviously, don’t come if you are feeling ill or if you are particularly at risk.
Then after that I will be celebrating the Eucharist on
- Wednesday evening 8th July at 7 pm
- Thursday morning 9th July at 10 am
- Saturday morning 11th July at 8.30 am.
- Sunday 12th July at 9.30 am at Saint Giles with Evening Prayer at Christ Church, Holloway, at 6.30 pm (We will not use the choir, so that it can be used on Tuesdays for Holy Communion without extra cleaning
- Tuesday 14th July at Christ Church at 9.30 am in the choir.
- Wednesday evening 15th July at 7 pm
- Thursday morning 16th July at 10 am
- Saturday morning 18th July at 8.30 am.
- Sunday 19th July 9.30 am at Saint Giles and Holy Communion at Christ Church at 11 am.
- I will hope to take a service at Dethick Church on 2nd August at 11 am, depending on the necessary preparations being in place.
As time goes by, we will be able to increase provision depending on how things progress. (E.G. music, singing when the rules allow, the 8 am) There will be those who think we ought to be doing more. But this is as far as I am prepared to go at the moment.
I look forward to welcoming you back each to your spiritual home!
With every good wish from Mark Crowther-Alwyn