North Aisle Window

Two windows are the work of James Powell and Sons. The earlier, dating from 1881, is in the north aisle. (See the Derby Mercury, 1st June 1881 page 3). One light in this window has a figure of the Good Shepherd and the other reproduces Holman Hunt’s famous image of Christ as the Light of the World. The later window, in the Lady Chapel, dates from 1900 and shows the Risen Christ surrounded by angel faces. ( See the Parish Magazine for July 1900)