South Chancel Window

The south windows of the chancel, one of 1908, depicting Christ blessing the children, the other of 1922, illustrating the Angel of the Nativity appearing to the Shepherds and the Resurrection of Our Lord, both the work of Heaton, Butler and Bayne, replaced, in the subdued colours characteristic of this firm, two somewhat garish windows of about 1860 (which survived in store until 1969) (The bearded shepherd in the Nativity scene is a representation of Canon Kewley, Rector of Matlock from 1887 to 1922).