This video and previous videos can be found on our YouTube channel. Near the top right of the screen there is a ‘subscribe’ button if you wish to be informed when further videos are uploaded.
Please note that our celebration of Candlemas, the festival of light, has been brought forward.
Candlemas, the Presentation of Christ at the Temple, is on 2nd February, 40 days after the birth of Christ. We will celebrate it the Sunday before.
Everyone will be very welcome.
Currently, we are not able to have all the usual processions. Some traditions will be adapted. Singing will be restricted, although we are currently able to have organ music. The news items and Father Mark’s letters on the home page will keep us up to date. More detail in the e-magazine.
- 24th January at 6:30pm: Breathing Space, a contemplative evening service.
- 31st January 2021 at 9:30am: Family Service for Candlemas (The Presentation of Christ).
- Between now and Ash Wednesday, please return your Palm Crosses from last year to turn into ash.
- Wednesday 17th February at 7:30pm: Ash Wednesday Eucharist and Imposition of Ashes.
- Sunday 21st February and subsequent Sunday Evenings in Lent: Please see the newsletter or Calendar for what is happening, including Stations of the Cross, Meditations, Music and Readings.
- Wednesday 24th February at 8pm: Lent Online Study Course begins. There will be six sessions considering “Who is my neighbour”. Please contact Father Mark for a Zoom invite or speak to Emily.
- Sunday 14th March 9:30am: Mothering Sunday Family Service.
- 21st March at 9:30am: Passion Sunday Eucharist.
- 28th March at 9:30am: Eucharist on Palm Sunday.
- 1st April at 7:30 pm (Maundy Thursday) : Sung Eucharist of the Lord’s Supper and Watch until midnight.
- 2nd April at 2:00pm: Liturgy of Good Friday.
- 3rd April at 7:30pm: Easter Vigil and First Eucharist of Easter.
- 4th April at 9:30am: Family Eucharist and Blessing of the Easter Garden.
The Church Council has decided to give £2000 from the Education Fund to the School to help with computers for home learning during the present health emergency. It is required that all schools are able to teach children from home and not all homes have the necessary technology. This grant is designed to help fill that gap.
After discussion, the PCC have decided to make the minutes of meetings publicly available. They may be published in the parish magazine, on the parish website and on the church notice board.